Theresa Comiskey Olsen
Partner / Attorney at law (U.S.A.)
Theresa Comiskey Olsen has more than 25 years legal experience in transactions. Particular focus on cross-border transactions in life sciences, with special emphasis on negotiating and drafting international licensing, distribution, supply, research and development agreements.
Comiskey Olsen is a member of Massachusetts and American Bar Associations. In Norway she is licensed to practice US and international law.
Member of the Board of directors: Cyxone AB (Director), Aptahem AB (Director)
2018 – Present
Attorney at Law (U.S.A) / Partner, Advokatfirmaet Nova DA
2016 – 2017
Attorney at Law (U.S.A) / Partner, Langseth Advokatfirma AS
2008 – 2015
Attorney at Law (U.S.A), Comiskey Olsen
1999 – 2007
General Counsel and Company Secretary, Nycomed Group
In my role as General Counsel and Company Secretary I encountered complex national and cross-border issues and compliance and regulatory requirements. An important part of my role as General Counsel and Company Secretary was to advise the Nycomed Group’s CEO of compliance and regulatory requirement matters.
Transactions I was involved with include:
– acquisition of ALTANA Pharma from ALTANA AG in 2006 (EUR 4.2 billion);
– acquisition of Leiras Finland from Schering AG in 2001, negotiation and contract drafting of manufacturing restructuring;
– change of Nycomed’s controlling share ownership to Nordic Capital and DLJ Merchant banking in 2005;
– building ”state-of-the-art” manufacturing facility in Asker for Calcium products;
– divestment of Nycomed’s Consumer Health business to Ferd Private Equity in 2003;
– change of Nycomed’s share ownership from Nordic Capital to DLJ Merchant Banking and Blackstone Private Equity in 2002;
– In-licensing transactions including negotiating and drafting license and marketing agreements with the U.S. biotech companies The Medicines Company for Angiox, NPS Pharmaceuticals for Preotact, and Acusphere for Imagify for Europe.
1997 – 1999
Attorney at Law (U.S.A), Steenstrup Stordrange DA
1990 – 1997
Corporate Lawyer, Hafslund Nycomed AS/Nycomed ASA
– Oversaw Hafslund Nycomed/Nycomed’s international legal affairs with special emphasis on licensing transactions, including compliance and regulatory requirements, for the group’s diagnostic imaging business.
– Responsible for managing the due diligence, including issues of compliance, and closing of Hafslund Nycomed’s acquisition of Sterling’s diagnostic imaging business in the U.S.A. in 1994 (USD 450 million).
– Handled all legal aspects, including issues of compliance, with respect to Hafslund Nycomed’s establishment of its joint venture and new manufacturing facility, for imaging and pharmaceutical businesses in China in 1992/93.
BI Norwegian School of Management, Managerial Economics (part of Master of Management Program)
Harvard Law School, Program of Instruction for Lawyers
Admitted: Massachusetts Bar
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Juris Doctor Degree – Qualified for Cum Laude Honors